Apr 6, 2017
EP04: Lloyd Parker, Registered Dietitian and Performance Nutritionist who’s currently working full time with Everton Football Clubs first Team joins us today to talk everything from Nutritional Strategies for Sports Performance to how he manages body composition changes (Fat Loss &/or Muscle Gain) throughout a season without hampering performance.
After studying Sports Science at Brunel University he realised his passion was in Nutrition so he went onto to study Dietetics at Hertfordshire University. From there he worked in the NHS for 2 and a half years as a specialist weight management Dietitian & did a postgrad in Sports & Exercise Nutrition. From here Lloyd went on to work at Manchester City, working with both the academy and Women’s team.
Since that he has worked with the Salford Red Devils Rugby League team and Crawley Town FC. He currently works with Everton Football Clubs First team and is studying a PhD in Sports Nutrition at Liverpool John Moores University.
And today, we dive into:
* Where Lloyd starts with Performance nutrition
* 3 T’s of Performance Nutrition & how they fit into your Sport
* Lloyds guidelines for Protein, Carbs & Fats when it comes to Athletes.
* Game Day Nutritional Strategies
* Supplements that Lloyd utilises with his Athletes
* Alcohol & it’s role in Sport