Mar 21, 2017
EP03: Danny Lennon from Sigma Nutrition & Performance & the top-ranked podcast Sigma Nutrition Radio joins us today to talk shop on all things setting up a Fat Loss diet that is backed in principles, science and first hand coaching experience. Danny has a formal scientific background in academia, completing a master’s degree (MSc.) in Nutritional Sciences at University College Cork. During this time he researched directly under the world-renowned researcher Professor Kevin Ashman and in addition to that research, Danny took classes in biochemistry, clinical nutrition, micronutrient interactions and physiology. Previous to this Danny also completed a BSc. degree in biology and physics education. As well as producing media content, Danny also works as a performance nutritionist to elite athletes in weight-class based sport, including professional MMA fighters, professional boxers and competitive powerlifters. Based on his work he released the Sigma Weight Cutting System for MMA & Boxing. Outside of the nutrition world, Danny competes as a drug-free raw powerlifter, is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blue belt and a life-long Arsenal fan.
Today we cover:
* Everything about setting up a Fat Loss Diet so you can Strip away the body fat, that’s based on Principles not Methods.
* The Principles behind Driving Body Composition Changes
* The other Factors behind Calories In Versus. Calories out & what that means for you
* Where does a 40 year old start vs. a 25 year old?
* Sustainable Fat Loss targets & Phases
* How Danny’s Troubleshoots these Phases, Targets and Foods etc.